[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] Gnocchi cannot deal withcombined resource-id ?

Luo Gangyi lgy181 at foxmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:29:17 UTC 2015

Hi, Chris

> With that change in place you can still use the 'instance-xxx-tapxxxx' ID
> search queries.

 But we cannot know the tap name through nova api or neutron api.
 In general,  there exists some conditions that we cannot know the exact resource id in advance. And using hash of  resource id also makes fuzzy search impossible. What we know are some relationships between resources, like a vm has several taps. The resource instance-111 and resource instance-111-tap111 has inborn connections.
 So I suggest that we should add some attribute to describe such relation.

 Luo Gangyi   luogangyi at cmss.chinamobile.com