[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Suggestion to split install guide

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 17:13:55 UTC 2015

I agree that it's far too long right now and should be split up.

I would suggest splitting the section on standalone usage into its own
guide, since many of the advanced topics can apply to using Ironic
with and without other services. So perhaps more like this:

- Basic Install Guide with OpenStack
- Basic Install Gude for stand-alone usage
- Advanced topics
-- working with UEFI
-- using configdrive instead of cloud-init
-- hardware inspection
-- trusted and secure boot
- Driver references
-- one section for each driver's specific guide