[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] Gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id ?

Luo Gangyi lgy181 at foxmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:46:57 UTC 2015

Hi, Julien

 I am using master branch and newest code for testing.

 For the purpose for learning the structure of gnocchi, I changed the default UUID type of mysql from binary to char, so I can easily link the resource-id(I mean in database), metric id and directory name of storing measures.

 When I did that, I found all the metrics where their resource id is combined(here, I mean in Ceilometer, such as instance-xxx-tapxxxx) have no measures stored.

 Log in Ceilometer collector records this:
 "
 2015-09-11 07:55:55.097 10636 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] Resource instance-00000001-4641f59e-994c-4255-b0ec-43a276d1c19c-tap8aadb7ad-d7 creation failed with status: 400: <html>
 <head>
  <title>400 Bad Request</title>
 </head>
  <h1>400 Bad Request</h1>
  The server could not comply with the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.<br /><br />
Invalid input: required key not provided @ data['display_name']

 "
 So I wander whether gnocchi cannot deal with such combined resource-id metrics or whether it is because I change the UUID type or whatever.

 And another question is how to query measures for those metrics whose resource id is combined.

 For example, I want to query the network traffic of an vm, I know the instance uuid 1111-2222, I know metric name 'network.incoming.byte.rate' but I do not know the exact resouce_id and metric id. What procedure should I do ?
 Luo Gangyi   luogangyi at cmss.chinamobile.com