[openstack-dev] [nova] changes in our tempest/devstack scenarios

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Sep 11 11:55:08 UTC 2015

This is mostly an FYI for folks about how the test jobs have changed a
bit going into the Liberty release because people might not have kept on
top of it.

On a Liberty devstack the service catalogue now looks as follows:

compute => /v2.1/
compute_legacy => /v2

This means that all dsvm jobs are now using /v2.1/ as their base
testing. This change was supposed to be seamless. It mostly was. There
were a few compat issues exposed during this flip which we've got fixed.

The /v2 provided by devstack is v2.0 on v2.1 (as that's the Nova
defaults), which means it's the "relaxed validation" version of v2.1
code stack which should actually unnoticable from v2.0.

In order to make sure that the /v2 bits of Nova don't regress, there are
now 2 compat jobs up and running:

gate-tempest-dsvm-nova-v20-api - this is running Tempest Nova API tests
against the v2.0 on v2.1 stack. This is going to be around for a long time.

gate-tempest-dsvm-nova-v20-api-legacy - this is running Tempest Nova API
tests against v2.0 on the old v2.0 code base. This will go away once we
remove the v2.0 code stack.

Their success rates are looking pretty reasonable compared to a baseline:

http://tinyurl.com/oergv7q

And as such I've proposed making them voting in the Nova check queue -
https://review.openstack.org/222573

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague