[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] Gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id ?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Sep 11 10:31:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 11 2015, Luo Gangyi wrote:

Hi Luo,

> I find that gnocchi cannot deal with combined resource-id such as
> instance-xxxxxx-tapxxxxxx or instance-xxxx-vda. I'm not sure whether it is my
> configuration problem or just bug.

Which version are you testing? The master branch has no support for
resource ID that are not UUID.

> And if such combined resource-id can be processed correctly, what about its
> metadata(or called attributes)? In current design, gnocchi seems treat
> instance-aaa, instance-aaa-tap111, instance-aaa-tap222 as equal although they
> have parent-child relationship and share many attributes.

We just merged support for those resources. We do not store any
attribute other than the name and parent instance AFAICS. What do you
miss as an attribute exactly?

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker