[openstack-dev] custom lbaas driver

Stephen Balukoff sbalukoff at bluebox.net
Fri Sep 11 01:53:43 UTC 2015

Srikumar--

I'm not aware of any particular write-up. The best advice I have is to
start with the logging noop driver and refer to the reference haproxy
namespace driver to see what these are doing to implement the functionality
of LBaaS v2.

Sorry! I wish I had better news for you.

Stephen

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Srikumar Chari <srikumar at appcito.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to write an custom lbaas v2.0 driver. Was wondering if there's
> a document on how to go about that. I see a number of implementations as
> part of the source code but they all seem to be different. For instance
> HAProxy is completely different when compared to the other vendors. I am
> assuming that HAProxy is the "standard" as it is the default load balancer
> for OpenStack. Is there a design doc or some kinda write up?
>
> This thread was the closest I could get to a write-up:
> https://openstack.nimeyo.com/21628/openstack-dev-neutron-lbaas-need-help-with-lbaas-drivers
> .
>
> I guess I could reverse engineering the HAProxy namespace driver but I am
> probably going to miss some of the design elements. Any help/pointers/links
> would be great.
>
> thanks
> Sri

Stephen Balukoff