[openstack-dev] [keystone] PTL non-candidacy

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:40:53 UTC 2015

As I outlined (briefly) in my recent announcement of changes (
https://www.morganfainberg.com/blog/2015/09/09/openstack-career-act-3-scene-1/
) I will not be running for PTL of Keystone this next cycle (Mitaka). The
role of PTL is a difficult but extremely rewarding job. It has been amazing
to see both Keystone and OpenStack grow.

I am very pleased with the accomplishments of the Keystone development team
over the last year. We have seen improvements with Federation,
Keystone-to-Keystone Federation, Fernet Tokens, improvements of testing,
releasing a dedicated authentication library, cross-project initiatives
around improving the Service Catalog, and much, much more. I want to thank
each and every contributor for the hard work that was put into Keystone and
its associated projects.

While I will be changing my focus to spend more time on the general needs
of OpenStack and working on the Public Cloud story, I am confident in those
who can, and will, step up to the challenges of leading development of
Keystone and the associated projects. I may be working across more
projects, but you can be assured I will be continuing to work hard to see
the initiatives I helped start through. I wish the best of luck to the next
PTL.

I guess this is where I get to write a lot more code soon!

See you all (in person) in Tokyo!
--Morgan