[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Core reviewers for python-tripleoclient and tripleo-common

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 16:09:03 UTC 2015

On 10/09/15 15:06, James Slagle wrote:
> TripleO has added a few new repositories, one of which is
> python-tripleoclient[1], the former python-rdomanager-oscplugin.
>
> With the additional repositories, there is an additional review burden
> on our core reviewers. There is also the fact that folks who have been
> working on the client code for a while when it was only part of RDO
> are not TripleO core reviewers.
>
> I think we could help with the additional burden of reviews if we made
> two of those people core on python-tripleoclient and tripleo-common
> now.
>
> Specifically, the folks I'm proposing are:
> Brad P. Crochet <brad at redhat.com>
> Dougal Matthews <dougal at redhat.com>
>
> The options I see are:
> - keep just 1 tripleo acl, and add additional folks there, with a good
> faith agreement not to +/-2,+A code that is not from the 2 client
> repos.

+1 to doing this, but I would reword the good faith aggreement to "not
to +/-2,+A code that they are not comfortable/familiar with", in other
words the same agreement I would expect from any other core. In the same
way I'll not be adding +2 on tripleoclient code until(if) I know with
reasonable confidence I'm not doing something stupid.