[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Core reviewers for python-tripleoclient and tripleo-common

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:06:31 UTC 2015

TripleO has added a few new repositories, one of which is
python-tripleoclient[1], the former python-rdomanager-oscplugin.

With the additional repositories, there is an additional review burden
on our core reviewers. There is also the fact that folks who have been
working on the client code for a while when it was only part of RDO
are not TripleO core reviewers.

I think we could help with the additional burden of reviews if we made
two of those people core on python-tripleoclient and tripleo-common
now.

Specifically, the folks I'm proposing are:
Brad P. Crochet <brad at redhat.com>
Dougal Matthews <dougal at redhat.com>

The options I see are:
- keep just 1 tripleo acl, and add additional folks there, with a good
faith agreement not to +/-2,+A code that is not from the 2 client
repos.
- create a new gerrit acl in project-config for just these 2 client
repos, and add folks there as needed. the new acl would also contain
the existing acl for tripleo core reviewers
- neither of the above options - don't add these individuals to any
TripleO core team at this time.

The first is what was more or less done when Tuskar was brought under
the TripleO umbrella to avoid splitting the core teams, and it's the
option I'd prefer.

TripleO cores, please reply here with your vote from the above
options. Or, if you have other ideas, you can share those as well :)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215186/

--
-- James Slagle