[openstack-dev] [magnum] keystone pluggable model

Murali Allada murali.allada at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Sep 9 20:41:40 UTC 2015

?Hi All,

In the IRC meeting yesterday, I brought up this new blueprint I opened.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/pluggable-keystone-model?

The goal of this blueprint is to allow magnum operators to integrate with their version of keystone easily with downstream patches.

The goal is NOT to implement support for keystone version 2 upstream, but to make it easy for operators to integrate with V2 if they need to.

Most of the work required for this is already done in this patch.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/218699

However, we didn't want to address this change in the same review.

We just need to refactor the code a little further and isolate all version specific keystone code to one file.

See my comments in the following review for details on what this change entails.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/218699/5/magnum/common/clients.py

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/218699/5/magnum/common/keystone.py

Thanks,

Murali