[openstack-dev] [horizon] python-selenium landed in Debian main today (in Debian Experimental for the moment)

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:22:43 UTC 2015

On 9 September 2015 at 05:35, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> After the non-free files were removed from the package (after I asked
> for it through the Debian bug https://bugs.debian.org/770232), Selenium
> was uploaded and reached Debian Experimental in main today (ie: Selenium
> is not in non-free section of Debian anymore). \o/

\o/

Now, I wonder: can the Horizon team use python-selenium as uploaded to
> Debian experimental today? Can we run the Selenium unit tests, even
> without the browser plugins? It is my understanding that it's possible,
> if we use something like PhantomJS, which is also available in Debian.

We can't use PhantomJS as a webdriver as a couple of the tests interact
with file inputs and ghostdriver doesn't support those, sadly (and the
developer of ghostdriver is MIA). We are pretty much stuck with just
Firefox as the webdriver.

     Richard