[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Install fuel-libraryX.Y as a package on slave nodes

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 8 20:41:57 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

Currently, we install fuel-libraryX.Y package(s) on the master node and
then right before starting actual deployment we rsync [1] puppet modules
(one of installed versions) from the master node to slave nodes. Such a
flow makes things much more complicated than they could be if we installed
puppet modules on slave nodes as rpm/deb packages. Deployment itself is
parameterized by repo urls (upstream + mos) and this pre-deployment task
could be nothing more than just installing fuel-library package from mos
repo defined for a cluster. We would not have several versions of
fuel-library on the master node, we would not need that complicated upgrade
stuff like we currently have for puppet modules.

Please give your opinions on this.

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/orchestrator/tasks_serializer.py#L205-L218

Vladimir Kozhukalov