[openstack-dev] [all] Mitaka Design Summit - Proposed slot allocation

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Mon Sep 7 08:43:43 UTC 2015

On 4 September 2015 at 18:55, Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 01:52:41PM +0200, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
>> On 09/04/2015 12:14 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> >Hi PTLs,
>> >
>> >Here is the proposed slot allocation for every "big tent" project team
>> >at the Mitaka Design Summit in Tokyo. This is based on the requests the
>> >liberty PTLs have made, space availability and project activity &
>> >collaboration needs.
>> >
>> >We have a lot less space (and time slots) in Tokyo compared to
>> >Vancouver, so we were unable to give every team what they wanted. In
>> >particular, there were far more workroom requests than we have
>> >available, so we had to cut down on those quite heavily. Please note
>> >that we'll have a large lunch room with roundtables inside the Design
>> >Summit space that can easily be abused (outside of lunch) as space for
>> >extra discussions.
>> >
>> >Here is the allocation:

>> >Neutron: 12fb, cm:day
>> >Nova: 14fb, cm:day
>> >Cinder: 5fb, 4wr, cm:day
>> >Horizon: 2fb, 7wr, cm:day
>> >Heat: 4fb, 8wr, cm:morn
>> >Keystone: 7fb, 3wr, cm:day
>> >Ironic: 4fb, 4wr, cm:morn
>> >Oslo: 3fb, 5wr
>> >Rally: 1fb, 2wr
>> >Kolla: 3fb, 5wr, cm:aft
>> >Ceilometer: 2fb, 7wr, cm:morn
>> >TripleO: 2fb, 1wr, cm:full
>> >Sahara: 2fb, 5wr, cm:aft
>> >Murano: 2wr, cm:full
>> >Glance: 3fb, 5wr, cm:full
>> >Manila: 2fb, 4wr, cm:morn
>> >Magnum: 5fb, 5wr, cm:full
>> >Swift: 2fb, 12wr, cm:full
>> >Trove: 2fb, 4wr, cm:aft
>> >Barbican: 2fb, 6wr, cm:aft
>> >Designate: 1fb, 4wr, cm:aft
>> >OpenStackClient: 1fb, 1wr, cm:morn
>> >Mistral: 1fb, 3wr
>> >Zaqar: 1fb, 3wr
>> >Congress: 3wr
>> >Cue: 1fb, 1wr
>> >Solum: 1fb
>> >Searchlight: 1fb, 1wr
>> >MagnetoDB: won't be present
>> >
>> >Infrastructure: 3fb, 4wr (shared meetup with Ironic and QA)
>> >PuppetOpenStack: 2fb, 3wr
>> >Documentation: 2fb, 4wr, cm:morn
>> >Quality Assurance: 4fb, 4wr, cm:full
>> >OpenStackAnsible: 2fb, 1wr, cm:aft
>> >Release management: 1fb, 1wr (shared meetup with QA)
>> >Security: 2fb, 2wr
>> >ChefOpenstack: will camp in the lunch room all week
>> >App catalog: 1fb, 1wr
>> >I18n: cm:morn
>> >OpenStack UX: 2wr
>> >Packaging-deb: 2wr
>> >Refstack: 2wr
>> >RpmPackaging: 1fb, 1wr
>> >
>> >We'll start working on laying out those sessions over the available
>> >rooms and time slots. If you have constraints (I already know
>> >searchlight wants to avoid conflicts with Horizon, Kolla with Magnum,
>> >Manila with Cinder, Solum with Magnum...) please let me know, we'll do
>> >our best to limit them.
>> >

>> Would be cool to avoid conflicts between Ironic and TripleO.

> [...]

I am thinking we could use a Nova slot for the Ironic + Nova session,
picking a slot when there is nothing scheduled for ironic (or
TripleO).

This will all be part of our regular Nova session selection process,
but honestly I hope we can schedule that one.

Thanks,
John

PS
This is to support reserving cross project topics, to things that
involve more than two projects.