[openstack-dev] OpenStack support for Amazon Concepts - was Re: cloud-init IPv6 support

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:25:43 UTC 2015

So it's been pointed out that http://169.254.169.254/openstack is completed
OpenStack invented. I don't quite understand how that's not violating the
contract you said we have with end users about EC2 compatibility under the
restriction of 'no new stuff'.

If we added an IPv6 endpoint that the metadata service listens on, it would
just be another place that non cloud-init clients don't know how to talk
to. It's not going to break our compatibility with any clients that connect
to the IPv4 address.