[openstack-dev] This is what disabled-by-policy should look like to the user

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 19:31:04 UTC 2015

On 5 Sep 2015 05:47, "Adam Young" <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:

> Then let my Hijack:
>
> Policy is still broken.  We need the pieces of Dynamic policy.
>
> I am going to call for a cross project policy discussion for the upcoming
summit.  Please, please, please all the projects attend. The operators have
made it clear they need better policy support.

Can you give us a heads up on the perceived shortcomings, please, together
with an overview of any proposed changes? Turning up to a session to hear,
unprepared, something that can be introduced in advance over email so that
people can ruminate on the details and be better prepared to discuss them
is probably more productive than expecting tired, jet-lagged people to
think on their feet.

In general, I think the practice of introducing new things at design
summits, rather than letting people prepare, is slowing us down as a
community.