[openstack-dev] [openstack-announce] [release][nova] python-novaclient release 2.28.0 (liberty)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Sep 4 11:15:01 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 05:48 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 9/2/2015 3:40 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>> On 2015-09-02 10:55:56 -0400 (-0400), doug at doughellmann.com wrote:
>>> We are thrilled to announce the release of:
>>>
>>> python-novaclient 2.27.0: Client library for OpenStack Compute API
>> [...]
>>
>> Just as a heads up, there's some indication that this release is
>> currently broken by many popular service providers (behavior ranging
>> from 401 unauthorized errors to hanging indefinitely due, it seems,
>> to filtering or not supporting version detection in various ways).
>>
>>      https://launchpad.net/bugs/1491579
>>

> And:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1491325
>
> We have a fix for ^ and I plan on putting in the request for 2.27.1
> tonight once the fix is merged.  That should unblock manila.
>
> For the version discovery bug, we plan on talking about that in the nova
> meeting tomorrow.

The issues exposed in novaclient version detection working correctly
against various clouds has now be fixed in 2.28.0 - the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1491579 has been
updated to hopefully contain all the relevant details of the issue.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net