[openstack-dev] [all] Mitaka Design Summit - Proposed slot allocation

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 4 10:14:06 UTC 2015

Hi PTLs,

Here is the proposed slot allocation for every "big tent" project team
at the Mitaka Design Summit in Tokyo. This is based on the requests the
liberty PTLs have made, space availability and project activity &
collaboration needs.

We have a lot less space (and time slots) in Tokyo compared to
Vancouver, so we were unable to give every team what they wanted. In
particular, there were far more workroom requests than we have
available, so we had to cut down on those quite heavily. Please note
that we'll have a large lunch room with roundtables inside the Design
Summit space that can easily be abused (outside of lunch) as space for
extra discussions.

Here is the allocation:

| fb: fishbowl 40-min slots
| wr: workroom 40-min slots
| cm: Friday contributors meetup
| | day: full day, morn: only morning, aft: only afternoon

Neutron: 12fb, cm:day
Nova: 14fb, cm:day
Cinder: 5fb, 4wr, cm:day
Horizon: 2fb, 7wr, cm:day
Heat: 4fb, 8wr, cm:morn
Keystone: 7fb, 3wr, cm:day
Ironic: 4fb, 4wr, cm:morn
Oslo: 3fb, 5wr
Rally: 1fb, 2wr
Kolla: 3fb, 5wr, cm:aft
Ceilometer: 2fb, 7wr, cm:morn
TripleO: 2fb, 1wr, cm:full
Sahara: 2fb, 5wr, cm:aft
Murano: 2wr, cm:full
Glance: 3fb, 5wr, cm:full
Manila: 2fb, 4wr, cm:morn
Magnum: 5fb, 5wr, cm:full
Swift: 2fb, 12wr, cm:full
Trove: 2fb, 4wr, cm:aft
Barbican: 2fb, 6wr, cm:aft
Designate: 1fb, 4wr, cm:aft
OpenStackClient: 1fb, 1wr, cm:morn
Mistral: 1fb, 3wr
Zaqar: 1fb, 3wr
Congress: 3wr
Cue: 1fb, 1wr
Solum: 1fb
Searchlight: 1fb, 1wr
MagnetoDB: won't be present

Infrastructure: 3fb, 4wr (shared meetup with Ironic and QA)
PuppetOpenStack: 2fb, 3wr
Documentation: 2fb, 4wr, cm:morn
Quality Assurance: 4fb, 4wr, cm:full
OpenStackAnsible: 2fb, 1wr, cm:aft
Release management: 1fb, 1wr (shared meetup with QA)
Security: 2fb, 2wr
ChefOpenstack: will camp in the lunch room all week
App catalog: 1fb, 1wr
I18n: cm:morn
OpenStack UX: 2wr
Packaging-deb: 2wr
Refstack: 2wr
RpmPackaging: 1fb, 1wr

We'll start working on laying out those sessions over the available
rooms and time slots. If you have constraints (I already know
searchlight wants to avoid conflicts with Horizon, Kolla with Magnum,
Manila with Cinder, Solum with Magnum...) please let me know, we'll do
our best to limit them.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)