[openstack-dev] [neutron] pushing changes through the gate

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:00:08 UTC 2015

On 2 September 2015 at 09:40, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By now you may have seen that I have taken out your change from the gate
> and given it a -2: don't despair! I am only doing it to give priority to
> the stuff that needs to merge in order to get [1] into a much better shape.
>
> If you have an important fix, please target it for RC1 or talk to me or
> Doug (or Kyle when he's back from his time off), before putting it in the
> gate queue. If everyone is not conscious of the other, we'll only end up
> stepping on each other, and nothing moves forward.
>
> Let's give priority to gate stabilization fixes, and targeted stuff.
>
> Happy merging...not!
>
> Many thanks,
> Armando
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/liberty-3
> [2] https://launchpad.net/neutron/+milestone/liberty-rc1

Download files for the milestone are available in [1]. We still have a lot
to do as there are outstanding bugs and blueprints that will have to be
merged in the RC time windows.

Please be conscious of what you approve. Give priority to:

- Targeted bugs and blueprints in [2];
- Gate stability fixes or patches that aim at helping troubleshooting;

In these busy times, please refrain from proposing/merging:

- Silly rebase generators (e.g. spelling mistakes);
- Cosmetic changes (e.g. minor doc strings/comment improvements);
- Refactoring required while dealing with the above;
- A dozen of patches stacked on top of each other;

Every rule has its own exception, so don't take this literally.

If you are unsure, please reach out to me, Kyle or your Lieutenant and
we'll target stuff that is worth targeting.

As for the rest, I am gonna be merciless and -2 anything than I can find,
in order to keep our gate lean and sane :)

Thanks and happy hacking.

A.