[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Allowing DNS suffix to be set per subnet (at least per tenant)

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk at maishsk.com
Thu Sep 3 20:07:37 UTC 2015

On 09/03/15 20:51, Gal Sagie wrote:
> I am not sure if this address what you need specifically, but it would
> be worth checking these
> two approved liberty specs:
>
> 1)
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron-specs/blob/master/specs/liberty/internal-dns-resolution.rst
> 2)
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron-specs/blob/master/specs/liberty/external-dns-resolution.rst

Thanks Gal,

So I see that from the bp [1] the fqdn will be configurable for each and
every port ?

I think that this does open up a number of interesting possibilities,
but I would also think that it would be sufficient to do this on a
subnet level?

We do already have the option of setting nameservers per subnet - I
assume the data model is already implemented - which is interesting -
because I don't see that as part of the information that is sent by
dnsmasq so it must be coming from neutron somewhere.

The domain suffix - definitely is handled by dnsmasq.

--
Best Regards,
Maish Saidel-Keesing