[openstack-dev] [Glance] loading a new conf file

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:31:05 UTC 2015

A decent way would be to adopt the approach metadefs are using.

Introduce a folder 'glance-tasks' and have such configs as a part of a
group "ova-lite" for image-import.conf.sample. Of couse, this needs to
come as part of the packaging under the standard conf directory or
whatever convenient.

I think it's a good pointer by Erno on that: glance-api.conf doesn't
need to include all the configs a non-mandatory task sub-script is using.

On 9/3/15 1:33 PM, Bhandaru, Malini K wrote:
> Sorry for the spam .. but email better for us in 2 disparate time zones,
>
> We are a little stuck on how to integrate a new conf file and read it.
> Or perhaps we are approaching it wrong/missing something obvious.
> This is with respect https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194868/11/specs/liberty/ovf-lite.rst line 146
> Steps as we see it
> 1)	goal a new conf file in <glance>/etc
> 2)	Provide a sample
> 3)	Deploy it (part of packaging/install)
> 4)	Load it the code
>
> Any pointer by way of a class file name, or link or other would be very appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Malini

Nikhil