[openstack-dev] [ CloudKitty ] New release

Christophe Sauthier christophe.sauthier at objectif-libre.com
Wed Sep 2 20:03:03 UTC 2015

We are really pleased to announce that a few days ago the latest
CloudKitty's version (0.4.1) has been released.
For those of you who don't know CloudKitty, it is an additionnal
component for OpenStack that tackles the pricing and chargeback aspects.
It is fully OpenSource (Apache 2.0), developped in Python and using the
same process and librairies as the rest of the OpenStack components.
CloudKitty is designed like any other OpenStack component, providing an
API, a client and an Horizon integration.

Using CloudKitty you are able to:
• define the price of the different services you are providing
• charge your users for the usage
• get you users the possibiliy to know in advance the price for the
ressource they are about to launch
• get your user a report of their past usage
• and many more

If you are interested please grab the latest release directly on
stackforge:
• https://github.com/stackforge/cloudkitty/releaseshttps://github.com/stackforge/cloudkitty-dashboard/releaseshttps://github.com/stackforge/python-cloudkittyclient/releases

This release is targeted at Kilo, if you want to try it out in an older
environment you can use virtualenv or your favorite contrainers
solution.
A docker container will be soon avaible to help people wanting to try
CloudKitty even on older release of OpenStack.
We are currently working on getting CloudKitty integrated with the
major Linux Distributions, meanwhile we have repositories available with
up to date packages at http://archive.objectif-libre.com/cloudkitty/
You can find some installation instructions here :
http://cloudkitty.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html

We hope you'll like that release but here is an overview of some of the
major enhancements that we are planning for the Liberty release:
• Keystone AuthPlugins (less duplicated configuration code)
• Keystone sessions
• Rating module rules management (validity periods, per tenant, etc)
• Rating modules enabling you to write and manage python custom code to
do your own pricing rules
• Scalability enhancement with the introduction of asynchronous workers
and clustering
• Addition of the CSV as a native report output file format
• Documentaiton improvement
• More code coverage and unittests
• and many more...

Feel free to join us on #cloudkitty if you have any questions or want
to take part into that project !

                 The CloudKitty team

----
Christophe Sauthier                       Mail :
christophe.sauthier at objectif-libre.com
CEO                                       Mob : +33 (0) 6 16 98 63 96
Objectif Libre                            URL : www.objectif-libre.com
Infrastructure et Formations Linux        Twitter : @objectiflibre