[openstack-dev] [cinder] How to link a change to the completed cinder-python3 blueprint?

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 09:32:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm porting Cinder to Python 3. There are discussions on my patches to
decide how to link my changes to the cinder-python3 blueprint (syntax of
the "Blueprint cinder-python3" line).

Mike Perez completed the blueprint on 2015-08-15. I don't understand
why, the port is incomplete. I'm still writing patches to continue the port.

Because the blueprint is completed, launchpad is unable to find the
blueprint when you click on the blueprint line from gerrit. Some people
asked me to write the URL to the blueprint instead. The problem is that
"git review" uses the topic "bp/https" instead of "bp/cinder-python3" in
this case. I have to specify manually the topic ("git review -t
bp/cinder-python3). The URL may also change in the future, using a name
is more future proof.

Another question is how to mention the blueprint in the commit message.
I already wrote 35 changes which were merged into Cinder using the
syntax "Blueprint cinder-python3". But some people are now asking me to
use the syntax "Implements: blueprint cinder-python3", "Partially
implements: blueprint cinder-python3", "Implements: blueprint <link>" or
something else.

I suggest to continue to use "Blueprint cinder-python3", and maybe
change the status of the blueprint to be able to find it again in launchpad.

cinder-python3 blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/cinder-python3

My Python 3 patches for Cinder:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/cinder+branch:master+topic:bp/cinder-python3,n,z

Note: I wrote an email because people started to vote -1 on my changes
because of the syntax of the "blueprint" line in my commit message.

Victor