[openstack-dev] [mistral] Displaying wf hierarchy in CLI

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:21:30 UTC 2015

Hi, Renat,

Actually, I have the same idea months ago, but what I thought is to provide
task dependencies information in a workflow definition, since as a workflow
designer, I have no idea about how my workflow 'looks like', unless I
create an execution with that, especially when there are a lot of tasks
within workflow definition.

And what you want to address here is to get execution/task-execution
dependencies information in run time, which also will give users more
detailed information about what happened in the system, I'd like to see it
landed in Mistral.

To achieve that, we should record the execution/task-execution relationship
during an execution is running, because we have no such info currently.

On the CLI side, I agree we add option to 'execution-get' command, and
accordingly we could add a new column 'dependent on' or 'parent' or
something else to the result.

*Regards!*