[openstack-dev] FW: [cinder] Microsoft CI Still Disabled

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:49:06 UTC 2015

Mike is on vacation at the moment, somebody else will evaluate in his stead
Hi Mike,

I think the first mail was sent only on openstack-dev. We have had already
over
a week of reliable results on the Microsoft Cinder CI on all three jobs, we
have
an updated set of results available at [1].

Please re-evaluate the activity of our CI and re-enable the gerrit account.

Thank you,

Octavian.

[1]: http://paste.openstack.org/show/437509/

On 24/8/15 20:19, "Octavian Ciuhandu" <ociuhandu at cloudbasesolutions.com>
wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>
>We have stabilised the Microsoft Cinder CI and ensured dry-runs testing
over
>the past days.
>
>The reason why we didnt report earlier on the status is that we were
waiting
>for the completion of a series of hardware maintenance activities
performed in
>the Microsoft datacenter where the CI is running, as metioned by Hashir in
the
>previous email.
>
>In the meantime we also improved the CI software infrastructure, including:
>
>1. Adding local pip and deb cache servers to reduce transient package
download
>issues 2. Improved resiliency in the under and overcloud deployment
scripts [1]
>3. Improved monitoring to reduce the respose time on transient issues,
>especially for undercloud networking which was the source of a significant
>amount of failures due to a switch misconfiguration in the datacenter,
recently
>identified and solved.
>
>We have a list of recent runs for all 3 drivers available at [2].
>
>Please let us know if there’s anything else that prevents re-enabling the
>Microsoft Cinder CI account.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Octavian.
>
>[1]: https://github.com/cloudbase/cinder-ci
>[2]: http://paste.openstack.org/show/426144/
>

>On 24/8/15 16:48, "Hashir Abdi" <habdi at microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Mike:
>>
>>Apologies for the delayed response.
>>
>>We have been addressing bug-fixes and infrastructure changes for our CI,
while working through vacation schedules.

>>We have now been able to conduct successful dry runs of our CI, and I'll
let Octavian follow up here with those latest successful results.

>>Sincerely
>>
>>Hashir Abdi
>>
>>Principal Software Engineering Manager
>>Microsoft

and it hasn't been for 30 days now.

>>Where are we with things, and why has communication been so poor with the
Cloud Base solutions team?

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3a%2f%2flists.openstack.org%2fpipermail%2fthird-party-announce%2f2015-July%2f000249.html&data=01%7c01%7chabdi%40exchange.microsoft.com%7c33ba5a82486e4dc6d06508d2aa8a115d%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=mPalAeUjUVBu9sVn6fDnehA4TN3uZOUB4DAKS6qcFaU%3d