[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Netaddr 0.7.16 and gate breakage

Sachi King nakato at nakato.io
Tue Sep 1 06:00:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> We do, and it succeeded in protecting master branch integration test
>>> jobs from this new netaddr release:
>>>
>>>     https://review.openstack.org/218737
>>>
>>> This was able to get implemented fairly early because DevStack
>>> already contained mechanisms for relying on the requirements repo to
>>> define its behavior WRT dependencies. The logistics for pinning
>>> versions in every project's unit tests, however, are more complex
>>> and not yet in place (but are in progress). Also where grenade is
>>> concerned, the breakage is on the stable/kilo side where we don't
>>> have constraints pinning implemented (since that work has been
>>> primarily in master this cycle and targeting liberty).
>
> Thanks for the update Jeremy.  It looks like there is still some work
> to do that I wasn't aware of.  Is there somewhere where we can follow
> the progress of this work?

Hi Carl, currently we're working on getting the required work into project
config, which means the change to tox.ini is currently going through some
revisions.

Project config: https://review.openstack.org/207262/
Nova tox.ini example: https://review.openstack.org/205931

I've created a change for Neutron's tox.ini.  This doesn't change anything,
so it should pass CI, but if there's a merge conflict with a external CI's
tox.ini this will flush it out.

https://review.openstack.org/219134/

>> Great...if there is any collaboration required by the individual projects,
>> please do not hesitate to reach out...we'd be happy to do our part.
>
> +1  Let us know how to pitch in.

For now there's not much to do, the project-config change is the change
that has to go in first.  Once that is in we can get the 'constraints'
factor into individual projects tox.ini and add the constraints jobs.

If neutron would like to be one of the initial projects to enable these
tests that would be quite helpful as I've yet to recruit any initial
projects.

Cheers,
Sachi