[openstack-dev] Is there any incubating Data Backup projects?

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:46:10 UTC 2015

Hi Yitao,

You could also check out a new project called Smaug just announced at the
Tokyo summit, the presentation could be found at
https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/videos/presentation/disaster-recovery-your-cloud-one-more-choice-than-volume-replication,
more info will be available later (wiki, launchpad, ...).

As Fausto suggested, could you provide more insights on your use cases ?

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Marzi, Fausto <fausto.marzi at hpe.com> wrote:

> Hi Yitao,
>
> That’s the idea and the direction we are taking. Please refer to the
> following wiki for more information:
>

> -          https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Freezer
>

> Currently there’s an application to include Freezer in the big tent, it is
> available here:
>

> -          https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239668/
>

> Every Thursday we have a public meeting on IRC Freenode #openstack-freezer
> at 4:00 pm GMT, but we can have a conversation on hangout anytime you want.
>

> I have some questions:
>
> -          Would you like to provide more info about your use case?
>
> -          Are you interested on contributing? (according your time and
> resources availability)
>

> Many thanks and please let us know if we can help you on any way.
>
> Fausto

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado