[openstack-dev] [Infra][Nova][Neutron] 6WIND Networking CI - approval for posting comments

Maxime Leroy maxime.leroy at 6wind.com
Fri Oct 30 04:59:44 UTC 2015

Hi Matt, Armando,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Do you have any code in nova that's specific to your configuration?

This CI is testing against our ML2 mechanism driver. This one uses the
vhostuser vif_type. So the specific code related to Nova is
get_config_vhostuser in libvirt.

We also plan to extend the vhostuser vif_type for your mechanism
driver for unplug/plug method in the mitaka release (see
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-vif-vhostuser-ovs-fp)

For now, we are testing this new modification with a monkey patch on
top of Nova.

Before enabling the comments, we should, I presume:
- nova: have our modification in vhost-user vif-type reviewed/merged
in the nova tree
- neutron/nova: The CI should be prove to be reliable for a long time.

Thanks,

Maxime