[openstack-dev] [Fuel] network_checker code freeze

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 29 15:42:33 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

We still can not say that network-checker is a separate project now. I'm
still working on related issues. Current status is

Network-checker

   - Launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1506896
   - project-config patch https://review.openstack.org/235822 (DONE)
   - pypi (DONE)
   - run_tests.sh https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235829/ (DONE)
   - rpm/deb specs https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235966/ (DONE)
   - fuel-ci verification jobs https://review.fuel-infra.org/12923 (DONE)
   - label jenkins slaves for verification (DONE)
   - directory freeze (DONE)
   - prepare upstream (DONE)
   - wait for project-config patch to be merged (DONE)
   - .gitreview https://review.openstack.org/#/c/238500/ (DONE)
   - .gitignore https://review.openstack.org/#/c/238519/ (ON REVIEW)
   - custom jobs parameters https://review.fuel-infra.org/13272 (DONE)
   - fix core group (DONE)
   - fuel-main
      - fuel-main: use network-checker repository
      https://review.openstack.org/238992 (ON REVIEW)
      - fuel-menu: rename nailgun-net-check -> network-checker
      https://review.openstack.org/#/c/240225 (ON REVIEW)
      - network-checker: fix package spec
      https://review.openstack.org/#/c/240191/ (ON REVIEW)
   - packaging-ci  https://review.fuel-infra.org/13181 (DONE)
   - deprecate network_checker directory https://review.openstack.org/239999
   (ON REVIEW) (once fuel-main patch is merged)
   - fix unit tests https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239425/ (DONE)
   - libpcap-dev package and fix tests (patches have been merged but not
   deployed yet)
      - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239421/ openstack-ci libpcap-dev
      package (DONE)
      - https://review.openstack.org/239463 openstack-ci libpcap-dev
      package for puppet (DONE)
      - https://review.fuel-infra.org/13173 fuel-ci libpcap-dev package
      (DONE)
   - remove old nailgun-net-check package (TODO)

Network-checker tests are still red because libpcap-dev package is not
installed both on Openstack CI and on Fuel CI.

If you can help to review those patches which are (ON REVIEW), please help.

Vladimir Kozhukalov