[openstack-dev] [bandit] [glance] [openstack-ansible] [searchlight] Resigning from core reviewers teams

Kelsey, Timothy John tim.kelsey at hpe.com
Thu Oct 29 00:30:31 UTC 2015

On 28/10/2015 09:35, "Tripp, Travis S" <travis.tripp at hpe.com> wrote:

>On 10/28/15, 11:43 AM, "Flavio Percoco" <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>On 26/10/15 17:20 +0000, Ian Cordasco wrote:
>>>Hi everyone,
>>>

>>>        Today I'm removing myself from the core reviewer (and driver)
>>>teams for the
>>>

>>>        following projects:
>>>
>>>        - Bandit (bandit-core and transitively security-specs-core)
>>>
>>>        - Glance (glance-core and glance-specs-core)
>>>
>>>        - OpenStack Ansible (openstack-ansible-core)
>>>
>>>        - Searchlight (searchlight-core)
>>>
>>>        Recent events both in my position at Rackspace and my personal
>>>life mean I no longer have sufficient time to properly act as a core
>>>reviewer for
>>>These projects. My personal life has suffered from attempts to continue
>>>to uphold my responsibilities to OpenStack and the other open source
>>>projects I
>>>develop, maintain, and direct. Changing responsibilities in my current
>>>role
>>>in the last 8-10 months mean that I don't have sufficient time during
>>>the
>>>normal 0900-1700 period to accurately and thoroughly conduct reviews.
>>>I'm confident
>>>this is only a temporary hiatus and that sometime next year, I will be
>>>able to fully rejoin the OpenStack community.
>>>

>>Ian,
>>
>>I can't stress enough how sorry I am to see you go from the team. Your
>>reviews, comments and contributions have always been excelent and of
>>huge help to our community.
>>
>>I look forward for that time when you'll be able to come back and as a
>>*member* of the community I'd be more than happy to have you back.
>>
>>Thanks for all the time you've spent on these projectes, for your
>>honest and clear email on your situation and availability.
>>
>>Take good care and, please, come back :)
>>Flavio
>>
>>--
>>@flaper87
>>Flavio Precook
>

>Ian,
>
>Your core status on all of these projects is a true testament to your
>abilities, dedication, and character.  All of which we greatly
>appreciate about having you on the searchlight team and are why
>you will always be welcome on our team. In the meantime, I fully
>support you making decisions that are best for you and your family.
>I hope that you will be able to find a balance which works for you.
>

>Thank you for all that you have done and contributed!
>
>-Travis

Thank you for your time and dedication Ian, your input will be missed.
Finding a good work/life balance is important and I for one would hate
to see you negatively effected by the time you have generously given to
all the projects your involved in. This is a good move and I¹m sure we
will all look forward to your eventual return.

Thanks again for your hard work.

- Tim

(IRC: tkelsey)