[openstack-dev] [mistral] sort dir of executions, asc or desc?

Anastasia Kuznetsova akuznetsova at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 28 08:15:21 UTC 2015

Hi Lingxian,

I am agree with you that from user's point of view it is more convenient to
show execution
in the descending order (latest created execution on the top), but all
other get_all methods
(for tasks, workflows, etc) return list of objects in the ascending order.

I prefer to have consistent behavior for all items, so if it is better to
have descending order,
than let's have it for all lists, not just for one.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:14 AM, Lingxian Kong <anlin.kong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, guys,
>
> I found this bug[1] this morning which was fixed just now, and I have
> to say, it is my intention that to make the query executions result in
> descending order when I implemented the query pagination blueprint,
> which is different with workflows list result behavior. Because in
> user's perspective, I think it's more convinient to show the lasted
> execution first, right? maybe the most commonly used scenario of
> 'execution-list' is, user creates some executions first, then he/she
> just wants to see what's the status of them, it‘s inconvenience for
> the users to scroll down the page to find their executions in
> ascending order, executions are more time sensitive than workflows.
>
> [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mistral/+bug/1510417
>
> --
> Regards!

Best regards,