[openstack-dev] [heat] Shared code between server and client

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 15:09:10 UTC 2015

> On 23/10/15 05:35, Robert Collins wrote:
>> My 2c - if its a stable API in the client, and can be kept stable,
>> there's no problem.
>
> +1

Ok, forgive me for sounding dumb here (and changing the topic of the
thread somewhat), but what do we consider a stable client API? Is it as
broad as any methods in heatclient that aren't prefixed with _? Or do we
scope it only to specific areas (e.g. common, RPC client) and anything
else is considered "use at your own risk because we may need to change it"?

My guess is that it's the former given other sentiments I've heard
around OpenStack, but I wanted to explicitly ask anyway.

Thanks :)