[openstack-dev] User Survey Results - October 2015

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Sun Oct 25 04:59:21 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Working with the user committee, we run a survey of users every six
months. We are pleased to share the results of the latest survey,
conducted in September.

Each survey is meant to provide a sample representation of OpenStack
users and deployment profiles, with the goals to identify challenges and
help inform developers planning the next release, help other users
understand technology decisions made by their peers and help the
ecosystem better understand the user profile and needs.

You can download the full report at:

  http://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/Public-User-Survey-Report.pdf

This would not be possible without the efforts of users and application
developers to fill out the survey, and our entire community to help
shape it. We hope this data and feedback will be a good resource heading
into the Tokyo summit planning sessions and discussions

Thank you for all of your support and input, and see you at the summit!

Regards,

Tom, on behalf of the User Committee and Foundation Team