[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [Puppet] Potential critical issue, due Puppet mix stderr and stdout while execute commands

Dmitry Ilyin dilyin at mirantis.com
Thu Oct 22 14:59:35 UTC 2015

I have investigated this issue too.

Previously, Puppet "commands" had only stdout in their output value and
stderr was discarded unless the command have returned an error code and the
exception is raised with stderr as its message.
In the current Puppet versions BOTH stdout and stderr go into the comamnd
output. It's bad in out case because it breaks neutron command output
parsing and can impact any other command.