[openstack-dev] [api][ironic] some questions about tags

Tan, Lin lin.tan at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 03:14:19 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Ironic is implementing the tags stuff:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bp/nodes-tagging,n,z

And this work is follow the guidelines of API Workgroup:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/tags.html

But I have two doubts about the guideline:
1. Can we support partial update the Tag List using PATCH. I see there is an option to add/delete individual tag, but it is still using PUT. What's the disadvantage here for PATCH?

2. Can we update the tag as well? For example, in Gmail we can rename the label if necessary, which is much more friendly to me. But currently, this is not support from the guide. The only way to support this is cached the tags's entities and retag them in python client, I don't think it's a good way.

Best Regards,

Tan