[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Gerrit permissions and Merge rights

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:52:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 October 2015 at 04:12, Gal Sagie <gal.sagie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do we also want to consider Project Kuryr part of this?
>>

> No, why would we?

[Gal] Because Kuryr is a special project which was created in order to
expose Neutron and its services to containers networking,
         its mission (at least as defined right now) is to bridge the gaps
between containers networking world and Neutron and for doing it
         it already depends on the feature/spec process of Neutron.
         That is why it make sense to me that just like the services
projects, our spec approval process will be handled
         as part of Neutron.

>> We already started sending Kuryr spec to the Neutron repository and I
>> think it would make sense to manage it
>> as part of Neutron spec process.
>>

> No, unless what you are asking are changes to the core. Do you have a
> reference for me to look at?

  [Gal]   I dont understand what you mean "No" here, first this spec is
sent to Mitaka:
             https://review.openstack.org/#/c/213490/

            And as i mentioned above Kuryr spec process depends on Neutron
(and the specs that are sent
            to Neutron core)

>> Any opinions on that?
>>
>> Gal.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> During revision of the Neutron teams [1], we made clear that the
>>> neutron-specs repo is to be targeted by specs for all the Neutron projects
>>> (core + *-aas).
>>>
>>> For this reason I made sure that the neutron-specs-core team +2 right
>>> was extended to all the core teams.
>>>
>>> Be mindful, use your +2 rights with care: if you are core on a *-aas
>>> project, you should exercise that vote only for specs that pertain the
>>> project you're core of.
>>>
>>> If I could use this email as a reminder also of the core hierarchy and
>>> lieutenant system we switched to in Liberty ([3]): if you have been made
>>> core by a lieutenant of a sub-system, please use your +2/+A only within
>>> your area of comfort and reach out for help if in doubt.
>>>
>>> Reviews are always welcome though!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Armando
>>>
>>> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/237180/