[openstack-dev] [puppet] Incompatible default parameters

Martin Mágr mmagr at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 13:31:52 UTC 2015

Greetings,

   I'd like to discuss bug 1506061 ([1]). The main problem I'm trying to
solve here is that using default parameters of classes cinder::api and
nova::keystone::auth migration won't work, because Cinder will search
for endpoint with different name ('Compute service' instead of 'nova').
I've submitted fix for that in first patchset of [2], but it was denied
as backward incompatible change, which I agree with, and instead I just
added warnings about rename in next cycle [3].

   So the question is if we should start following endpoint naming
according to Keystone's default catalog or just change default value of
$nova_catalog_.*info parameters in cinder::api to match endpoint created
by nova::keystone::auth? I don't mind going one way or another, but I do
think that default parameters has to create fully functional environment.

Thanks in advance for answers,
Martin

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-nova/+bug/1506061
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222120/1