[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Plugin deployment questions

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 21 09:51:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

Can we ignore the problem above and remove this limitation? Or should
> we improve it somehow so it would work for one nodes, and will be
> ignored for others?

I think that this validation needs to be accomplished in a different way,
we don't need 1 controller for the sake of 1 controller,
1 controller is a dependency of compute/cinder/other roles. So from my pov
there is atleast 2 options:

1. Use tasks dependencies, and prevent deployment in case if some tasks
relies on controller.
But the implementation might be complicated

2. Insert required metadata into roles that relies on another roles, for
compute it will be something like:
   compute:
     requires: controller > 1
We actually have DSL for declaring such things, we just need to specify
this requirements from other side.

But in 2nd case we will still need to use tricks, like one provided by
Matt, for certain plugins. So maybe we should spend time and do 1st.