[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 09:29:50 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:08:29PM -0700, Zaro wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The openstack-infra team would like to upgrade from our Gerrit 2.8 to
> Gerrit 2.11.  We are proposing to do the upgrade shortly after the
> Mitaka summit.  The main motivation behind the upgrade is to allow us
> to take advantage of some of the new REST api, ssh commands, and
> stream events features.  Also we wanted to stay closer to upstream so
> it will be easier to pick up more recent features and fixes.

Looking at the release notes I see my most wanted new feature, keyword
tagging of changes, is available

[quote]
Hashtags.

Hashtags can be added to changes. The hashtags are stored in git notes and
are indexed in the secondary index.

This feature requires the notedb to be enabled.
[/quote]

It is listed as an experimental feature, but I'd really love to see this
enabled if at all practical.

Regards,
Daniel