[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Coe components status

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:56:31 UTC 2015

@ Eli ,

I will look into how to support this feature for other COEs also(mesos and
swarm). But anyways Magnum's goal is to provide users *atleast* what other
coes are providing (if not something extra). All coes dont have common
features, so we cant be very strict on providing common interface apis for
all coes. For example "magnum container" commands work only with swarm not
k8s or mesos.
It will not be justified if k8s is providing a way to monitor at more
granular level but magnum will not allow user to use it just beacuse other
coes does not provide this feature.

Agree that it will be nice if could support this feature for all. I will
prefer to start with k8s first and if similar feature is supported by mesos
and swarm also, incrementally will implement that also.

Regards
Vikas Choudhary