[openstack-dev] [kolla][announce] Kolla Liberty Release Announcement
Steven Dake (stdake)
stdake at cisco.com
Tue Oct 20 14:38:23 UTC 2015
The Kolla community is pleased to announce the release of the Kolla Liberty. This release fixes 432 bugs and implements 58 blueprints!
During Liberty, Kolla joined the big tent governance! Our project can be found here:
Kolla is an opinionated OpenStack deployment system unless the operator has opinions! Kolla is completely customizable but comes with consumable out of the box defaults for use with Ansible deployment. To understand the Kolla community's philosophy towards deployment, please read:
Kolla includes the following features:
* AIO and multinode deployment using Ansible with n-way active high availability.
* Vastly improved documentation.
* Tools to build Docker images and deploy OpenStack via Ansible in Docker containers.
* Build containers for CentOS, Oracle Linux, RHEL, and Ubuntu distributions.
* Build containers from both binary packaging and directly from source.
* Development environments using Heat, Vagrant, or bare-metal.
* All "core" OpenStack services implemented as micro-services in Docker containers.
* Minimal host deployment dependencies requiring only docker-engine and docker-py.
The following services can be deployed via Ansible in 12 to 15 minutes with 3 node high availability:
* ceph for glance, nova, cinder
* cinder (only ceph is implemented as a backend at this time)
* ironic (tech preview)
* mariadb with galera replication
Kolla's implementation is stable and the core reviewers feel Kolla is ready for evaluation by operators and third party projects. We strongly encourage people to evaluate the included Ansible deployment tooling and are keen for additional feedback.
Steven Dake (Kolla PTL) on behalf of the Kolla Community
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev