[openstack-dev] [stable] Need group membership change for manila-stable-maint

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Oct 20 13:31:52 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Ben Swartzlander's message of 2015-10-19 21:02:46 -0400:
> I would like the manila-core group added as an included group in
> manila-stable-maint. I'm not sure what the right procedure is so I'm
> asking here.
>
> -Ben Swartzlander

Most gerrit groups are self-service by the members. Since you're a
member of manila-stable-maint, you should be able to visit the group
page in gerrit by clicking "People" in the top nav bar, selecting "List
Groups" then typing "manila-sstable-maint" in the filter box. Click the
"manilia-stable-maint" entry in the resulting list to get to [1].

On that page, you'll see 2 sections, "Members" and "Included Groups".
Add manila-core to the included groups using the form in that section of
the page.

Gerrit self-hosts its documentation [2], but I didn't see anything
obvious about how to do this listed there. It would be worth adding some
basic gerrit instructions to our infra manual or to gerrit's docs
(though I don't know if we're running the absolute latest gerrit or if
adding docs there would make them show up on our deployment
immediately).

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1099,members
[2] https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/index.html