[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Plugin deployment questions

Patrick Petit ppetit at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 20 12:03:04 UTC 2015

Hi Matthew,

That’s useful.
Thanks

On 20 Oct 2015 at 11:22:07, Matthew Mosesohn (mmosesohn at mirantis.com) wrote:
Hi Patrick,

During the 7.0 development cycle we made a lot of enhancements to what environment characteristics can be modified through a plugin. One item that plugins cannot directly modify is the default Fuel roles and their metadata. That having been said, there is an open-ended post_install.sh script you can use for your plugin to "hack" this value. I know of one project that currently disables the requirement for controller role in a deployment. This may be helpful in testing a given standalone role that doesn't depend on a controller.

Here's a link to the script: http://paste.openstack.org/show/476821/
Note that this doesn't reflect "enabled" status of a plugin. It will make controller min count 0 for all environments. That won't break them, but it just removes the restriction.

Best Regards,
Matthew Mosesohn