[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Testing before switching to upstream librarian

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Tue Oct 20 10:42:43 UTC 2015

Folks

This is what we should discuss. Let's think of better testing coverage when
we decide to switch to new tag. We MUST NOT skip a single bug which we
fixed in downstream. So this means that for each bug fixed in downstream
there should be a set of tests merged into our testing framework along with
the fix. This should be an obligatory requirement for each change. This
testing framework MUST test each change to review.fuel-infra.org or to
fuel-library so that we can catch such issues immediately.

I would start with covering each bug with particular unit and/or
puppet-noop test and then, when we have working data-driven testing, there
should be a template of test for each environment.

Again, Sergey and Ivan, their MUST be 0 (zero) commits skipped by
downstream if they are not in upstream, unless it is 100% proven that this
commit is not needed anymore. And this can be proven only either by this
bugfix test passing against upstream or by SME's consensus on it.

I strongly urge you not to skip such fixes silently and discuss them with
Fuel Library core reviewers.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Sergii Golovatiuk <sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com

Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,