[openstack-dev] [neutron][networking-ovn][l3] Add/delete router interface

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 08:07:04 UTC 2015

I have actually raised this issue in OVS/OVN mailing list some time ago.
(http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-July/058231.html)
You can read the followup discussion that went on after...

I don't see this being resolved before the summit either way, so its better
to currently disable these tests
and add the appropriate comment (and open a launchpad bug to track this)

Gal.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Chandra Sekhar Vejendla <
csvejend at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are currently working on a patch set to add/delete router
> interfaces in the OVN plugin. This patch was initially worked on by
> Gal Sagie (*https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206919/*
> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206919/>) and we took over
> to take it completion.
>
> There are bunch of gate tests that are failing as a result of this
> patch and we have fixed a few of them. What remain to be fixed are the
> following.
>
> test_dhcp6_stateless_from_os
> test_dualnet_multi_prefix_dhcpv6_stateless
> test_dualnet_multi_prefix_slaac
> test_multi_prefix_dhcpv6_stateless
> test_multi_prefix_slaac
> test_slaac_from_os
>
> The reason for the failure of these tests has got to do with the way
> OVN handles router interface. In openstack multiple subnets can be
> added to a network and for each of these subnets the router interface
> has to be explicitly configured. So for a given network there can be
> multiple router interfaces. With the current NB schema in OVN there
> can be only 1 router interface for a network.
>
> Most of the above test cases try to add multiple subnets in a network,
> configure router interfaces, do some connectivity tests and then clean
> up. When a router interface is configured for the first subnet all the
> DB tables are populated correctly, but when the router interface for
> the second subnet is created, it results in deletion of the router
> interface of the first subnet. So every time a router interface is
> configured for a subnet, it results in deletion of the previous
> subnets router interface, provided both the subnets belong to the same
> network. The test cases fail when they are trying to remove the router
> interface that has already been deleted from OVN NB.
>
> We considered an option to see if we can have a router port in
> "Logical Switch" table refer to multiple rows in the "Logical Router
> Port" table, but the router port in the schema is defined as a hard
> reference to uuid of the "Logical Router Port" table.
>
> Given that we want to demo l3 in Tokyo, should we consider disabling
> these tests until we figure out how to fix the issue ? Should i start
> a separate thread on ovs-dev to follow up on the issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Chandra

Best Regards ,

The G.