[openstack-dev] [nova] novaclient functional test failures

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 04:06:20 UTC 2015

On Oct 14, 2015, at 13:50, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Well we at least have a bug to track against now:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1506103

Thanks.

I just proposed a possible fix [1] which is hacking the clouds.yaml for only the functional test job in the post test hook.

The issue is devstack is now creating clouds.yaml configured for openstackclient using keystone v3. Novaclient relies on having "v2.0" in the auth_url and for the functional test jobs, it comes from clouds.yaml.

It doesn't seem right to change clouds.yaml on the devstack side, otherwise openstackclient won't work right during stack.sh.

The other option I thought of is if we put a workaround in novaclient/tests/functional/base.py to append/replace "v2.0" in the auth_url from clouds.yaml. I didn't want to do that because it would force all clouds.yaml (even running locally) to be modified while running functional tests instead of modifying it only for the build job.

Let me know if there's a better way to solve this.

-melanie (irc: melwitt)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/236160/