[openstack-dev] [stable/liberty] [requirements]/[oslo] ceilometer jobs failing.

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Oct 16 21:56:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 03:32:21PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Tony Breeds's message of 2015-10-16 22:21:27 +1100:
> > Hi All,
> >     We have an issue for any review that causes a new commit to ceilometer, it
> > will fail with[1]:
> >
> >     ValueError: git history requires a target version of
> >     pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.1), but target version is
> >     pbr.version.SemanticVersion(5.0.0)
> >
> > Switching to post-versioning[2] can't land because of [3]  The fix for that is
> > to ban 2.6.1 (and 2.6.0) from requirements.  That can't land because of[1],
> > and we've come full circle.
>
> The fix to allow global requirements changes to land in stable/liberty
> is in https://review.openstack.org/235924

Ahh thanks Doug.  That's a neat fix.  I wasn't sure why integration.sh
and the clone of a clone.  Now I understand, just as it's gone ;P

> After that has merged, https://review.openstack.org/233854 will block
> oslo.messaging 2.6 from stable/liberty.

We actually need both https://review.openstack.org/233854
and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235536  to land at this point.

as 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 are problematic.

> Then we have https://review.openstack.org/235815 to strip the
> pre-versioning setting and fold in the requirements updates for
> ceilometer.

I'll address the review feedback  and republish.

> We need to land the patches in that order.
>
> > I can't use Depends-On as the patches in each repo need to land at the same
> > time.  So I tried the "obvious squash" patch at [4], but that isn't going to
> > work because of the sensible requirements checking.
> >
> > The only way it fix this I can think of is to release 2.6.2 of oslo.messaging
> > with the fixes needed by ceilometer (which have merged).
> >
> > I can think of a couple of rather terrible ways to hack around this but lets
> > not go there unless there is a good reason to not release 2.6.2
>
> Releasing 2.6.2 would also be OK, if that happens first.

Cool.  I'd hope we can land the 4 patches required before Monday.

Yours Tony.