[openstack-dev] [release] opening stable/liberty

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Oct 16 20:49:44 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Renat Akhmerov's message of 2015-10-17 01:40:38 +0600:
> Doug,
>
> I saw your email after I actually released Mistral Liberty version out of stable/liberty branch and it has "version = 1.0.0" in setup.cfg. Do I need to remove it and make a minor release?

It looks like you tagged the most recent commit on stable/liberty as
1.0.0, which is OK. The tag and setup.cfg match, so the release should
work fine.

The next thing you should do is commit a patch to that branch to
remove the version line from setup.cfg. That will switch you to
post-versioning on the branch, which will allow you to merge other
changes there and then just use tags for point releases.

Doug