[openstack-dev] [Fuel][QA][Plugins] Move functional tests from fuel-qa to the plugins

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 16 15:09:55 UTC 2015

Hello Fuelers!

I'd like to discuss something that I feel is important to improve the
quality of the Fuel plugins. Currently, the functional tests for Fuel
plugins are located in the fuel-qa project [1]. IMO this isn't viable in
the (mid) long term since:
- the fuel-qa cores have little knowledge about what a particular plugin is
supposed to do so they mostly focus on the code style.
- It increases the review load on the fuel-qa team.
- It doesn't encourage plugin developers to extend their test coverage
because it takes time to get a patch approved (no blame on the fuel-qa team
here).
- the fuel-qa repository gets cluttered with tests that aren't about the
Fuel core.

At some point, it was discussed that these functional tests should live in
the plugin's project itself. Is that still an option? What's missing to
make that happen?

FWIW, I would be more than happy to help kicking this off.

BR,
Simon

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-qa/tree/2b7ce18e799d7096e589083246a2699c0cd6912e/fuelweb_test/tests/plugins