[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Oct 16 13:33:37 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 11:36 PM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> >On 15/10/15 17:42 +0200, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> >For spotting possible trivial bug fixes the new query option "delta"
> >will be useful. For example: "status:open delta:<100"
> >
> >Would it be possible to create a "prio" label to help sorting out
stuff?
> >If I understand [1] correctly, we could have something like like:
> >
> >    [label "Prio"]
> >    function = NoOp
> >    value = 0 Undecided
> >    value = 1 critical
> >    value = 2 high
> >    value = 3 trivialfix
> >
> >For example, this would allow to create a query with
> >
> >    "status:open label:Prio=3"
> >
> >to get all reviews for trivial bug fixes.
>
> +1
>
> In glance we're currently grouping blueprints, bugs and random
> patches. It'd be AWESOME, to have a way to tag priorities on patches.
>
> I guess topics could be used but those are overwritten on every new
> PS.

The topics survive a new patch set, as far as I observed it. Nova used
this approach in Kilo too [1] but I didn't find such a thing for Liberty
and I don't know how well this worked. When I think a second time about
my idea above, I'm unclear which impact that would have on the general
review process and this thread is probably not the right one to discuss
this. I have to think more about this.

[1]
https://github.com/stackforge/gerrit-dash-creator/blob/master/dashboards/nova-kilo-priorities.dash