[openstack-dev] Make libguestfs available on pypi

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 12:40:56 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:58:20PM +0100, Matt Thompson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if any progress has been made here?  We're doing something
> similar to Kris and it'd be great if libguestfs could be installed directly
> from pypi.

Good and bad news.  No movement on the PyPi sign-up / licensing issue
as far as I'm aware, so I'm still unable to agree to uploading the
Python bindings to PyPi.  [I tried to sign up again just now, but the
email is taking a very long time to come through - will update here if
there is any change]

However the good news is I fixed libguestfs so that you can now build
the Python bindings separate from the C library.  See this commit for
details:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/bb7d088edaa2ea3a664ae703e002f6297dd1844f

That commit was also backported to 1.30.3 on the stable-1.30 branch.

For instructions on how to actually build a PIP module, see:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/fcbfc4775fa2a44020974073594a745ca420d614

Rich.